A fashion accessory that has gone through the decades, this square of fabric with a look that has not changed since then knows how to adapt to its time, constantly making the big difference between the past and the present. Indeed, the bandana red , black or any other color represents alone the times that have adopted, only in the way it was worn and used. From a pin-up style to a hippie look, to bikers or rockers, he is the chameleon of fashion. An ultra-popular accessory, it is now a popular choice for bohemian chic. Whatever your desires, nostalgic or very current, we will show you everything on how to put a bandana , from head to toe.
A / Wear the bandana in the hair
- In wide headband
- Lay the bandana flat on a table, then fold it over its half to form a large triangle.
- Then take the upper corner of the triangle and fold it to reach the base of the triangle to create a wide shape.
How to put a bandanna: a simple idea
- Fold on the height. The scarf should now look like a long rectangular band.
- Repeat the process of folding the band in half until the band reaches about 5-6 cm.
- Take it by making sure it does not come off. Place the middle of the band on top of your head, then tie both ends of the neck with a knot, above or below your hair, depending on your type of hairstyle.
How to put a bandana: the bohemian chic headband
Combine style and practice with a bandana headband
2. Pin-up style headband.
How to put a bandanna like a pin-up
The technique is similar to that of the previous tutorial, but instead of placing the middle of the headband on the top of your head and tie it to the neck, reverse the process and place the middle of the headband on your neck, then tie the bandana at the top of your head.
The bandana as vintage pin-up fashion accessory
3. Hippie style headband .
A hippie-style headband caps your hair like a crown, giving you a bohemian-chic style.
How to put a hippie-style bandanna
- To recreate this style, follow the folding steps of the wide headband again, then place the center of the bandana on your forehead.
- Take both ends and tie them behind the head making sure your hair falls under the bandanna.
- You can then adjust the width of the band as you please.
The front bandana band like the hippies of the 70s
4. Fifties style horse tail.
How to put a bandanna on his ponytail
- Start laying the bandana flat and bend it to the center to form a long rope, wrapping it around itself.
- After making an open knot with the bandana, pull your hair into a ponytail and tie them with an elastic band.
- Slide the knot loosely over your ponytail and tighten it until it is snug.
Embellish your ponytail in the style of the 50s
- A nice look to do also with a long scarf like bandanna that will fall along the neck or with a traditional square pattern.
5. Wrap his hair .
How to put a bandanna to wrap his hair
- Start by making a bun.
- Fold the corner of the bandanna to form a large triangle. Then place the triangle bandana on your shoulders like a cape.
- Bring the corners to the top of the head and tie a knot.
- Then lift the back corner of the bandana and wedge it under the two front corners.
Step by step
- The bandana is supposed to cover a good part of your head, but letting your bangs appear at the front to give more nuance to the style.
6. The 90s style
Another classic way of wearing a bandana is the 90s style look that suits both men and women.
- To create this look, lay your bandana flat diagonally and fold it in half to form a large triangle.
- Place the center of the triangle base against the top of your forehead.
- Then take both ends of the triangle and wrap them behind the head. Tie them with a knot at the nape of the neck. Make sure the back corner of the bandana rests on the top of your hair and points down.
How to put a bandanna like in the 90’s
B / Wear the bandana around the neck
1. The front node .
The scarf look with simple bow on the front is a simple and classic way to wear a bandanna around the neck.
How to put a bandanna around the neck simply
- To make this look, fold the bandanna in a half-corner to form a triangle. Drape the triangle on your shoulders, then bring the two corners back and tie them to the front of your neck.
How to wear a bandanna as a fall fashion accessory
2. The cowboy style .
To wear a cowboy style bandana, follow the same steps as if you wanted to wear the bandanna on your face, but instead of tying the ends behind your head, just leave the bandana around your neck like a scarf.
How to put a cowboy style bandanna
- For a classic cowboy look, choose a red bandana, blue jeans and of course the must-have cow bye hat.
How to wear a bandanna around your neck like a cowboy or a biker
3. The French scarf.
How to put a bandanna like a choker with french knot
- To create this sophisticated style of bandana, fold it in half to form a triangle.
- From the longest side, roll the triangle to form a strip of about 6-8cm.
- Hold the middle of the band against your neck and attach it to the back.
How to put a bandana in a tight scarf
C / Wear the bandana bracelet around the wrist .
How to wear a wrist bandana like a wristband
- To wear a bandana bracelet, fold the bandana in half on its diagonal to create a triangle.
- Bring the tip of the triangle to touch its base.
- Then fold the bandana lengthwise to create a 6-8cm band.
- Finally wrap the bracelet around your wrist, then tie a knot to fix it, taking care not to be too tight.
- Fold the ends under the knot to make them less bulky.
D / The bandana around the thigh.
Wearing a bandanna around the thigh gives you a pure rock & roll look, whether it’s on jeans or around your bare leg when you’re wearing shorts.
Wear a bandanna around the thigh
- Start by folding the bandana to create a band of a few centimeters, as for a bracelet or a classic headband. Then tie the band on your thigh, holding the ends of the knot forward or rotating as you wish, then fold the ends.
D / The bandana around the ankle .
Although it’s not a common way to wear a bandanna, wearing it on your ankle on a nice pair of shoes is a cool and elegant way to give your outfit some color.
- Fold the bandana in a band of a few inches as you would a headband or bracelet as seen above, then tie the bandanna around your ankle.
- Favor short or cuffed pants to show off your bandana.